Shortcuts will save you time when creating your Visio diagrams that you could spend elsewhere. Alot of the features and commands in Visio are easier to access for fans of keyboard shortcuts and other speedy tactics.
Listed below are my favourite Microsoft Visio shortcuts.
Moving Around a Diagram
- Zoom In – Ctrl + Shift + Left Mouse Click or Ctrl + Mouse Wheel Up
- Zoom Out – Ctrl + Shift + Right Mouse Click or Ctrl + Mouse Wheel Down
- Zoom to Whole Page – Ctrl + W
- Pan – Ctrl + Shift + Right Mouse Drag (Awesome shortcut when zoomed in for detail)
- Next Page – Ctrl + Page Down
- Previous Page – Ctrl + Page Up
- Full Screen – F5
Working with Shapes
- Pointer Tool – Ctrl + 1
- Text Tool – Ctrl + 2
- Connector Tool – Ctrl + 3
- Duplicate – Ctrl + D
- Duplicate and Move – Ctrl + Mouse Drag (Hold Shift aswell to align the duplicate shape with the original)
- Group Shapes – Ctrl + Shift + G
- Ungroup Shapes – Ctrl + Shift + U
Use these Visio shortcuts to improve your productivity when creating Visio diagrams.