Convert Text to Table
Word includes a feature that enables you to convert text to a table. This is useful to quickly display text in a table format. It is also useful as a set up to exporting into Excel.
When converting text into a table you will need to tell Word how to seperate the text into columns. This is usually done using a delimiter character such as a comma, space, or tab. For example, if the delimiter character is a comma, Word will start a new column wherever it sees a comma.
Convert Text to a Table
- Select the text you want to convert
- Click the Insert tab on the Ribbon
- Click the Table button and select the Convert Text to Table option
- Select the delimiter character you are using in the Seperate text at section
- Check the Number of columns detected by Word and correct any inaccuracies
- Click Ok
Convert Table to a Text
It is also possible to convert table data into text.
- Select the table or part of the table you want to convert
- Click the Layout tab under Table Tools on the Ribbon
- Click the Convert to Text button in the Data group
- Select the character you want to replace the column boundaries with under Seperate text with
- Click Ok