After entering data into the cells of a table you will probably want to apply some cell formatting.
The Ribbon provides options for changing both the vertical and horizontal alignment with cells.
- Select the cell(s) you want to format
- Click the Layout tab under Table Tools on the Ribbon
- Click on the required button from the Alignment group
Change the Cell Margins
The cell margins allows you to change the gap between the cell contents and the border of the cell.
- Select the cell(s) you want to format or the entire table
- Click the Layout tab on the Ribbon
- Click the Cell Margins button in the Alignment group
- The Table Options dialogue box appears. Adjust the required margin settings
- Click Ok
Adjust the measurement in the Allow spacing between cells box to change the spacing between the cells as opposed to within the cell between the content and its borders.
Your settings become the default settings for all future tables.