Use Automatic Formatting
Automatic formatting can be used in Word 2007 to format characters as you type such as ordinals (1st, 2nd) and fractions (½, ¼). You can also automatically complete the entry of month and weekday names.
To use automatic formatting you just enter the characters as usual and they are automatically formatted. For example:
- Type 1/2 to use ½
- Type the name of a month and a ScreenTip appears to complete the entry
Change Automatic Formatting Settings
You can turn these automatic formatting features on or off as you require.
- Click the Office Button
- Select the Proofing category
- Click the AutoCorrect Options button
- Select the AutoFormat As You Type tab of the AutoCorrect Options dialogue box
- Click the required checkboxes to turn options on or off
- Click Ok