Word > Word 2007 Foundation > Working with Objects
When using SmartArt diagrams you will need to be able to add, change and remove shapes.
Add a Shape
- Select a shape on the diagram that is closest to where you want to add the new shape
- Click the Add Shape button in the Create Graphic group of the Design tab on the Ribbon
- Select a location for the new shape from the list
Shapes can also be added using the Text Pane by pressing Enter.
Change a Shape
- Select the shape that you want to change
- Click the Change Shape button in the Shapes group of the Format ta on the Ribbon
- Select a shape from the gallery that appears
Remove a Shape
- Select the shape you want to remove
- Press the Delete key on the keyboard