Undo, Redo and Repeat
Undo an action
The Undo command in Word 2007 is extremely useful. It undoes previous actions allowing you to recover from mistakes as though they never happened.
To undo a single action:
- Click the Undo button on the Quick Access Toolbar
- Press Ctrl + Z
To undo multiple actions in Word 2007:
- Click the Undo button list arrow
- Click the action you wish to undo and the one you clicked and all subsequent actions are undone
- Click the Redo button on the Quick Access Toolbar
- Press Ctrl + Y
- Click the Repeat button on the Quick Access Toolbar
- Press F4
The Undo command allows you to undo the last 100 actions even after saving the document making it an extremley powerful tool.
Redo an Action
The Redo command will redo a previously undone action.
Repeat an Action
The Repeat command will repeat the last action you carried out. This can greatly speed up the completion of certain tasks.