Run and Edit a Macro
After creating a macro it should be tested to check that it functions as required. Sometimes a macro may not work as desired and the VBA code will require some tweaking.
Run a Macro
- Click the Macros button on the View tab or press Alt + F8 to open the Macros dialogue box
- Select the macro you want to run from the list
- Click Run
The macro runs performing the recorded steps
Edit a Macro
Editing a macro requires the use of VBA code. With just a little knowledge of VBA you can make minor adjustments to macros to correct them, or make them run more efficiently.
- Click the Macros button on the View tab or press Alt + F8
- Select the macro that you want to edit
- Click Edit
- The Visual Basic Editor displaying the code written for your macro. Delete or enter the necessary code
- Click the Save button and close the VBE window