Accept and Reject Changes
When a document has been reviewed using track changes, the changes need to be accepted or rejected to permanently remove the markup from the document. Word 2007 makes the task of reviewing a document's revisions easy.
- Click the Review tab on the Ribbon
- Click the Next Change button in the Changes group
- Word highlights the first revision in the document. Click the Accept and Move to Next button to accept the change and keep it in the document, or click Reject and Move to Next to remove the change from the document
- Keep going until all the revisions have been accepted or rejected
You can also accept or reject all the changes in a document with the click of a button. Click list arrow of the Accept or Reject button and select either Accept All Changes in Document or Reject All Changes in Document
Use the Reviewing Pane
The Reviewing Pane can be used to help work with track changes in a document. The pane displays all the changes made in the document, the total number of changes and the total number by type such as insertion or formatting.
- Click the Reviewing Pane button in the Tracking group of the Review tab
- The Reviewing Pane appears displaying a summary of the revisions made at the top, and then the list of revisions
- Accept or reject the changes by clicking on the required revision and then clicking the Accept or Reject button
- Click the Close button
The Reviewing Pane can be viewed horizontally or vertically depending on your preference