Use bookmarks to mark locations in a document that you can then reference from another part of the document. Bookmarks are commonly used as a destination cross references and hyperlinks.
Insert a Bookmark
- Select the text, or click in the document at the point you want to bookmark
- Click the Insert tab on the Ribbon
- Click the Bookmark button in the Links group
- Type a name for the bookmark
- Click the Add button
The bookmark is inserted. You can use it as a point of reference for links and for navigating a large document
View the tutorials for creating cross references and inserting hyperlinks to find out how to link to a bookmark within a document
Go To a Bookmark
A bookmark can be used to quickly jump to that location of a document.
- Click the Find button on the Home tab and select Go To from the list
- Select Bookmark from the Go to what: list
- Select the bookmark you want to go to from the Enter bookmark name: list
- Click Go To
- Click the Close button