Word > Word 2003 Intermediate > Using Tables
Splitting and Merging Cells
Splitting cells breaks a cell into several smaller cells, while merging cells joins cells together making one larger cell. Tables can also be split to form more tables.
- Select the cell that you want to split
- Click Table > Split Cells
- Specify the number of columns or number of rows you want to split the cell into
- Click ok
- Select the cells you want to merge
- Click Table > Merge Cells
Split a Table
A table can also be split into seperate tables.
- Select the row of the table where you would like to perform the split. The row you select will become the first row of the new table
- Click Table > Split Table