Protect the Form
You should protect a form before making it available to others for completion. There are two levels of form protection in Word. There is locking the form and there is password protecting the form.
Lock the form
Click the Protect Form button on the forms toolbar. The form is locked and only the form fields are now available to select and use.
Using this button the user could easily remove the protection if they knew how. Because of this, this type of protection is mainly used for testing form controls and not for protecting the form before sending it to the users to complete.
Click the Protect Form button again to unprotect the form.
Password Protect the Form
- Click Tools > Protect Document
- Click the Allow only this type of editing in the document check box under Editing Restrictions in the Protect document taks pane
- Select the Filling in forms option from the list
- Click the Yes, Start Enforcing Protection button
- Type the password you want to use and click Ok
- Re-enter the password to confirm and click Ok
The form is now protected and ready to be sent to all the users to complete. Close the task pane