Embed Videos from a Website
PowerPoint 2010 now enables you to embed videos from a website such as YouTube, Vimeo, MetaCafe or Daily Motion. To embed a video from a website in PowerPoint 2010 you will need the videos embed code.
Getting the Embed Code of the Video
To demonstrate getting the embed code of a video, we will look at embedding a YouTube video into a PowerPoint presentation.
- Visit www.youtube.com and find the video you would like to use
- Click the Embed button found below the video
- Select and copy the embed code
Embed the Online Video
Now you have the embed code, inserting the video is simple.
- Click the Insert tab on the Ribbon
- Click the list arrow of the Video button and select Video from Web Site
- Paste the embed code into the space provided in the Insert Video From Web Site window
- Click Insert
The video is inserted into the presentation slide. Play the presentation in Slide Show view to see the video working.
YouTube videos will play in the usual YouTube controller complete with playback controls to play, pause and rewind your video.