When inserting objects onto slides, the first object is placed on the bottom layer, the next object is placed on the layer above, and so on until the final object which is placed on the top layer.
Objects can overlap each other. There are four layering commands in PowerPoint 2007 to layer objects.
- Bring to Front: Places the selected object on the top layer, with all other objects behind
- Send to Back: Places the selected object on the bottom layer, with all other objects in front
- Bring Forward: Brings the selected object up one layer
- Send Backward: Sends the selected object back one layer
- Double click the object that you want to layer
- Click the Bring to Front button or Send to Back button in the Arrange group, or click the list arrow on either button and select Bring Forward or Send Backward
The Format contextual tab is opened