Modifying custom animation effects
You can perform various modifications to animation effects such as adjusting their speed, order or removing them completely.
- If the Custom Animation Task Pane is not visible, click the Custom Animation button in the Animations group of the Animations tab to open it
- Select the animation effect you want to modify
- Make the necessary changes from the settings provided. These can differ depending on the animation type being used
The image above shows the Fly In animation type being used for an Entrance effect.
The following settings are provided:
- Start: Used to specify how the animation effect starts. On Click is generally the most popular as it is controlled by the presenter. The effect begins when they click. Other options are With Previous and After Previus which can be used with timings
- Direction: Specific to the Fly In effect. Allows you to select what direction the text or object comes in from such as From Bottom or From left.
- Speed: Decide on the speed for your animation effect. Choose from options such as Very Fast, Medium and Very Slow.
Change the order of an effect
The animation effects on a slide run in the order in which they were applied. It is often the case that after applying effects, you need to change their order.
- Select the animation effect you want to re-order
- Click the Re-Order arrow buttons at the bottom of the Custom Animation Task Pane to move the effect up and down through the list of effects
Change an animation effect
You can change the animation effect being used after applying it.
- Select the animation effect you want to change
- Click the Change button in the Custom Animation Task Pane
- Select the new animation effect you want to use
Remove an animation effect
Animations can be removed when no longer required.
- Select the animation effect you want to remove
- Click the Remove button in the Custom Animation Task Pane