Quick Access Toolbar
The Quick Access Toolbar is one of only two toolbars supplied with PowerPoint 2007. It can be customised to improve your productivity, and limit the clicking between tabs on the ribbon.
By default it contains the Save, Undo and Redo icons. A good start, but you will probably find yourself adding to this list.
Let's add the Layout button on there.
- Click the Customise Quick Access Toolbar arrow on the end of the toolbar.
- A list of recommended additions appears. Layout is not in the list, so let's click More Commands and find it.
- Click on Popular Commands and then the Home tab, as we know that the Layout button is on the Home tab of the ribbon.
- Scroll down the list until you see Layout. Select Layout and click Add to add it to the bottom of the list on the right. If you wish to change the order of the Quick Access Toolbar buttons, you can do so with the two arrows to the right of the list.
- Click Ok and you should see our new button on the Quick Access Toolbar. That will save us time when changing the slide layout in the future.
The Customise area of the PowerPoint Options dialogue box appears. It currently shows popular commands that we may wish to add, however once again the Layout button is not in the list.