Working with Chart Labels
Chart labels specify different areas of a chart. These include the legend, data labels and axis titles.
Insert a chart label
- Select the chart
- Click the Layout tab under Chart Tools on the Ribbon
The Labels group displays the different labels that can be added to a chart
- Chart Title: Add, remove or position the chart title
- Axis Titles: Titles to label the different chart axis
- Legend: Identifies the different series of data used in the chart
- Data Labels: Displays the values of individual data points
- Data Table: The table of data used as the charts data source
- Click the appropriate label button in the group
- Select an option from the list
A list of options relative to the label clicked on appears
Labels can be fine tuned with further formatting to look just the way you want the to.