Package for CD
Package for CD is a fantastic tool for when you need to deliver your presentation at another site. It saves all the files and fonts needed for the presentation to run into a folder to take with you.
This includes the PowerPoint Viewer which enables you to run the slide show without PowerPoint being installed.
Despite its name, it is not necessary to use a CD. The files are saved to a folder which can then by transferred via another means such as email or a USB memory stick.
- Click the Office Button > Publish > Package for CD
- All linked files and the PowerPoint Viewer are automatically included by default. To change these options including setting a password to protect the presentation, click the Options button, make the required changes and click Ok
- Click the Copy to Folder button
- Enter and name for the folder
- Click Browse and locate a different disk or folder if necessary
- Click Ok
The Package for CD dialogue box is displayed
PowerPoint may warn you that including linked files could be potentially hazardous and to only do so if you trust the source. If you do, click Yes
PowerPoint saves all files, fonts and the Viewer into the destination folder.