When inserting objects onto slides, the first object is placed on the bottom layer, the next object is placed on the layer above, and so on until the final object which is placed on the top layer.
Objects can overlap each other. There are four layering commands in PowerPoint 2007 to layer objects.
- Bring to Front: Places the selected object on the top layer, with all other objects behind
- Send to Back: Places the selected object on the bottom layer, with all other objects in front
- Bring Forward: Brings the selected object up one layer
- Send Backward: Sends the selected object back one layer
- Select the object you want to layer
- Click the Draw button on the Drawing toolbar
- Select the layering option you want to use