Adding Clip Art
Adding pictures to your presentation will greatly improve their look, aslong as they do not distract from the presentations content.
Microsoft's Clip Art gallery provides a selection of pictures, photos, sounds and video clips that can be added to your presentation.
Add Clip Art using the slide layout
If your slide layout contains an Insert Clip Art placeholder, this makes it easy to add to a presentation.
- Click the Insert Clip Art button in the placeholder
- Find the picture you want to use either by scrolling through the list, or by typing a search term in the Search text: box and clicking the Go button
- Select the picture you want to use
- Click Ok
The Select Picture dialogue box appears
When searching the list, all pictures relating to your search term will appear.
Clip Art can be inserted without the use of a placeholder. Once inserted, you can then position the picture where you like on the slide.
- Click the Insert Clip Art button on the Drawing toolbar , or click Insert > Picture > Clip Art
- Type a search term in the Search for: box to find the picture you want
- The Search in: box can be used to narrow your search down to a specific collection
- Specific media types can be selected from the Results should be : box to further narrow the search
- Click the Go button
- Click on the picture to insert it into the presentation
The Clip Art task pane is displayed
The Task Pane displays all the Clip Art associated with your search criteria.
If you cannot find the ideal picture you want, click on the Clip art on Office Online link to search for additional clips on the Microsoft website which can be downloaded for use.