Applying an Animation Effect
Custom animation gives the presenter control over the text and objects on a slide. Using custom animation, text and objects such as bullet points, pictures and charts can be animated to appear and disappear when required.
Add an animation effect
- Select the text or object you want to animate
- Click Slide Show > Custom Animation
- Click the Add Effect button in the Task Pane
- Point to the category of animation you want to use
The Custom Animation task Pane appears
A list of animation effects for that category appear for you to choose from
- Entrance: An effect is used when the text or object appears on the slide (The most commonly used animation category)
- Emphasis: An effect is used to emphasise the text or object
- Exit: An effect is used when the text or object leaves the slide
- Motion Path: An effect is used to make the text or object move in a specified pattern.
- Select an animation effect from the list
A preview of the effect is played and the effect is applied to the text or object
Be careful not to overuse animation effects. They are a fantastic tool for calling attention to areas of a slide and enhancing your control over it's objects, but it should not distract the audience from the presentations content.