Changing the Slide Layout
Slide layouts contain placeholders for objects that you will use on your slides. These include text, pictures, charts, tables and video clips.
PowerPoint provides a variety of different slide layouts grouped into four categories.
- Text Layouts: contain text placeholders only.
- Content Layouts: contain the blank slide layout and layouts with placeholders for media such as pictures, diagrams, charts and video clips.
- Text and Content Layouts: contain text and media placeholders.
- Other Layouts: contain miscellaneous slide layouts with both text, media and object only placeholders.
To change the slide layout:
- Display the Slide Layout task pane if it is not already displayed. Click Format > Slide Layout
- Display the slide you wish to format. You can select several slides by holding the Ctrl key whilst selecting them
- Click on the slide layout in the task pane that you want
The Slide Layout task pane is displayed.
The layout is applied to the selected slides.