Use Excel Data in a Chart
The data for your chart may already exist in another file such as an Excel workbook. This data can be imported into Microsoft Graph and used in your PowerPoint chart.
- Edit the chart and display the Datasheet Window if necessary.
- Click in the top left hand cell of the Datasheet. This is the starting cell for the imported Excel data
- Click the Import File button on the toolbar
- Locate the Excel workbook you want to use by clicking the Look in: drop down box and navigating through the necessary drive and folder structure
- Select the workbook and click the Open button
- Select the worksheet containing the data you want to import from the Select sheet from workbook: list
- Leave the Overwrite existing cells checkbox checked if you want to replace any existing data in the Datasheet, or clear the checkbox to append the Excel data to the existing Datasheet data
- Click Ok
The Import File dialogue box is displayed
The Import Data Options dialogue box appears
If you need to import a selected range of cells from a worksheet, click the Range: option and enter the range of cells or range name to be used
The data is imported into the Datasheet