Rehearse Timings enables you to time how long a presentation takes to deliver. This can be a fantastic tool when preparing for that 10 minute presentation to ensure you do not overrun.
Rehearse a presentation's timings
- Click Slide Show > Rehearse Timings
- Practice the presentation and move through the slide show as normal
- At the end of the show, PowerPoint asks whether you would like to save the timings.
The slide show begins and the Rehearsal toolbar is shown in the top left corner of the screen
As you move through the show, the first timer on the toolbar restarts and records how long you took on the previous slide
Saving the timings will display the timings on each slide in Slide Sorter view and allow you to evaluate your rehearsal.
This is advantageous, but if you are planning on manually delivering the presentation you must not forget to remove the timings
Remove the slide timings
The slide timings are stored on each slides transition effects.
- Click Slide Show > Slide Transition
- In the Advanced Slide section of the Slide Transition task pane, clear the Automatically after checkbox
- Click the Apply to All button