Change the Chart Type
Different chart types are better for presenting different types of information. See Creating a Chart for an explanation of the most common chart types.
The example below shows a column chart being used to compare the income against expenses. We wish to change this to a line chart to see the trend of income and expenses over the course of the 6 months.
- Select the chart
- Click the Design tab under Chart Tools on the Ribbon
- Click Change Chart Type in the Type group and the Change Chart Type dialogue box appears
- Select the type of chart you want, in this example a line chart, and click Ok
Change a series chart type
It is possible to change the chart type for a data series in your chart.
- Right click on the data series
- Select Change Series Chart Type
- Select the new chart type from the Change Chart Type dialogue box and click Ok
Our chart now displays a line chart for the Net Inc data series on our column chart.