You can save your chart including the layout and formatting as a template. You can then use the template when creating charts in the future.
Saving a chart as a template
- Select the chart
- Click the Design tab under Chart Tools on the Ribbon
- Click the Save As Template button in the Type group
- The Save Chart Template dialogue box appears
Enter a name for the chart template in the File name box and click Ok
The chart template has been saved and will be available the next time you create a chart.
Create a new chart using a template
- Select the cell range to chart
- Click the Insert tab on the Ribbon
- Click the dialogue box launcher arrow in the Charts group
- The Insert Chart dialogue box appears
- Select the template you wish to use and click Ok
Click Templates in the list on the left and the templates that have been saved will appear to the right
Delete a chart template
Chart templates can be deleted when they are no longer needed.
- Click the Insert tab on the Ribbon and then the dialogue box launcher arrow in the corner of the Charts group
- The Insert Chart dialogue box appears. Click the Manage Templates button
- The Charts folder is displayed in Windows Explorer. Right click on the chart to be deleted and select Delete