Insert and Delete Worksheets
When you create a new workbook, by default you are provided with 3 worksheets. You can insert additional worksheets, or delete worksheets as necessary.
Inserting a worksheet
To insert a new worksheet:
- Select the worksheet after where you would like the new worksheet to appear. The new worksheet appears to the left of the currently selected worksheet.
- Click Insert > Insert Sheet from the Cells group of the Home tab.
- The new worksheet is named according to the number of worksheets you currently have. For example if you have 3 sheets, then the new worksheet is named Book4.
If you wish to insert an additional worksheet at the end of the existing worksheets, click the Insert Worksheet icon or press Shift + F11.
Deleting a worksheet
To delete a worksheet:
- Select the worksheet that you wish to delete.
- Click Delete > Delete Sheet from the Cells Group of the Home tab
The delete key will only delete the contents of a cell and will not delete worksheets.