Custom AutoFilter enables you to use your own criteria to filter your data. For example, the orders after a specific date, or the orders less than a specific order total.
Apply a custom filter
- Select a cell in the range that you wish to filter
- Click Data & Filter and then AutoFilter from the submenu that appears
- Click the filter button for the column you want to filter
- From the filter list, select Custom
- Select the required operator from the first list box
- In the list box next to the operator, select a value from the list or enter your own value
- If required, select either And or Or and apply a second criteria to filter by
- Click Ok
Note that Custom Filter accepts the use of the wildcard characters * and ?. ? represents a single character and * represents a series of characters such as *west to filter Southwest, Northwest and West.
The filter is applied to the data list.