Excel > Excel 2003 Intermediate > Charts
Changing a Charts Source Data
A chart is linked to its underlying data source, meaning that should the data change, the chart is automatically updated.
Once created though, you may need to change the charts data source.
- Select the chart
- Click Chart > Source Data
- The Source Data dialogue box shows the data range currently being used by the chart
- Click the Chart Data Range reference button. The dialogue box shrinks to make it easier to select the new data range in the worksheet.
- Select the new cell range to use as the data source and click the Chart Data Range reference button to return the dialogue box to its normal size
- Click Ok and the chart will update to reflect the new data source