Protected View in Office 2010 is used to open any potentially dangerous files in a restricted mode to protect your computer. This includes files from the Internet, potentially dangerous locations and also attachments from email.
Whilst doing a good job in today’s environment of working online and social networking, of protecting your computer. Many people find this over protective.
Fortunately these settings can be customised to match your requirements. This will prevent having to click the Enable Editing button on the yellow Protected View bar at the top of the screen when a file loads.
To disable protected view;
- Click the File tab on the Ribbon and then select Options
- Select the Trust Center category on the left
- Click the Trust Center Settings button
- Select the Protected View category
- Uncheck the required options and click Ok
You will be need to do this for each application in the Office suite that you use e.g Word, Excel and PowerPoint.